Vision, Mission, and Belief Statements
Our vision at East Side Elementary is for all students to reach their highest academic potential, and become productive and ethical members of society.
East Side Elementary students will:
- Benefit from an environment which is conducive to learning
- Acquire knowledge to achieve academically
- Demonstrate and encourage responsible citizenship
Statement of Beliefs
- Students achieve more when they attend regularly and begin school ready to learn.
- Education is the responsibility of the family, the community, and the school.
- Student performance is enhanced by our school's safe, orderly, and nurturing environment.
- Students need to acquire basic academic, creative, higher order thinking, and decision making skills.
- Instruction and exposure to the fine arts curriculum is a privilege afforded to each student.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be challenged to reach their potential daily.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- Students are entitled to effective teaching by qualified professionals.
- Our school policy is to embrace cultural diversity which enables students to acquire cooperative skills.
- Students should be provided a variety of assessment opportunities to demonstrate their proficiency and achievement.
- Students and teachers should demonstrate respect for one another, for their school, the community, and our country.