SAFETY IS #1 AT EAST SIDE
Please follow these guidelines to help us ensure the safety of all students.
- The school building opens at 7:05 a.m. for student drop off.
- While buses are still here we use the left lane for student drop off.
- Once the buses leave, we only use the right lane for student drop off.
- Please assist us by having your child ready to get out on the passenger side.
- School begins at 7:30. If your child needs to eat breakfast before that time, they need to be in the building by 7:15.
WALKING YOUR CHILD TO CLASS IN THE MORNING:
- August 6-23 - Parents may walk their students to class. Please enter by the front entrance.
- September 4 and for remainder of school year, parents may escort their children into the lobby area but not to their classrooms.
VISITING DURING THE SCHOOL DAY:
- All visitors must stop by the front office to sign-in and receive a Visitor's Pass.
- Parents may only visit the class by prearrangement with the teacher or principal.
This procedure has been established to protect our students. We do not know if adults walking in the hall are actually family members. If everyone comes to the office, we know who is in our building.
NEW EARLY CHECKOUT AND TARDY PROCEDURE
- Early checkouts and tardies combine. When a student has 5 it counts as an absence.
- Remember that board policy allows a student to be retained after 15 unexcused absences.
- Students are tardy if not in their class by 7:30.
SCHOOL DAY ENDS AT 2:30
Parents who pick up students in a car are required to use the car rider tags that have been provided.